Seattle Starz is proud to sponsor the formation of our WASHINGTON UNITED 13U team to compete in the World Series of Youth Lacrosse. All qualifying (see Eligibility Rules below) Washington state players, from any team or club, are invited to try out for this once in a lifetime experience similar to the Little League Baseball World Series! Seattle Starz players from the last two years have advanced to the Championship Series and our 2025 players earned a 4-1 record.
Tryouts | Sunday, Aug 29th
Lower Fields 3&4
Tryout | 3:30-5:00pm
Registration Fee | $0
- Opening ceremony reception at the host hotel featuring guest speakers
- Player and coach giveaways from WSYL and Warrior/New Balance
- WSYL Skills Competition featuring fastest shot and 40-yard dash
- ESPN interviews to be used for the Championship broadcast
- on-field procession prior to Championship Game for all teams
- Selection to the WSYL All-World Teams presented on-field during the Championship
- Unparalleled media coverage for players and teams
- All players must be born on or after 9/1/2008. Each player will be required to submit a copy of their birth certificate.
- All players must compete with their team or program on a regular basis. Players cannot be added only to participate in the WSYL and teams cannot be formed out of a partnership or alliance between two or more standalone clubs. The intention of this rule is to prevent the formation of all-star teams for the purpose of participating in the WSYL. At a minimum, players must compete with their team/program for at least two events (outside of a WSYL event), which can consist of tournaments and/or seasonal leagues. These events do not need to precede the qualifier but must precede the Championship event. Tournaments or Leagues must be bonafide events operated by an independent third party. WSYL reserves the right to require proof of participation and legitimacy of these events. All roster eligibility rules will be enforced at the discretion of the WSYL.
- All players must reside within 100 miles of the home field of their program. Our homefield is Marymoor Park in Redmond, WA. Players will be required to submit a current academic year report card, school identification card, or comparable proof of residency.
- No player may compete, or be rostered, on more than one team during the tournament.
- All teams must carry between 18-23 field players and a minimum of 2 goalies at all times. Both goalies do not have to physically participate in the Regional Qualifier, but both need to regularly play within your club or organization and will be held to the same roster eligibility standards as other players. Total roster size cannot exceed 25 players.